Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A Damp Drizzly Early March Walk With The Village Creek Indian Ghosts

I do not remember when, prior to today, I was last in Arlington to walk with the Indian Ghosts who haunt the Village Creek Natural Historical Area.

Yesterday something caused me to harbor the now apparently erroneous assumption that this first Tuesday of March was going to be a clear blue sky day heated into the 70s.

Instead this first Tuesday of March is being a stereotypical Western Washington winter day of gray foggy drizzle with the air warmed into the 50s.

You can sort of tell how dreary this day is being via the view above from the lookout which looks out over the currently mostly brown Village Creek Blue Bayou.

Other than the absence of warmth I enjoyed walking with the Indian Ghosts in the extremely damp outer world.

After I was finished communing with nature I was off to ALDI and Walmart to get some vittles in anticipation of the incoming fresh slipping  from sub-freezing temperatures mixing with rain once more potentially turning North Texas into an icy mess.

I heard on the radio a few minutes ago that the latest  incoming Arctic Blast will be announced with thunder booms, starting some time later today. Or in the middle of the night.

I have a fresh supply of earplugs do deal with middle of the night thunder booming.

In the meantime, it is time for lunch.

Peanut stir fry, with egg foo yung....

No comments: