Friday, December 6, 2013

China's Dragon King Harbor River Vision Sees A Cooler Bridge Than The Trinity River Vision Boondoggle Sees

When I saw the architect's rendering, on the left, of what one of the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle's signature bridges across the un-needed Trinity River flood diversion channel was going to look like, I had myself a rare moment of feeling totally wrong to have so wrong-headedly, stridently besmirched this apparently mighty fine public works project.

And then it was explained to me that this is not one of the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle's bridges to nowhere.

Instead it is a bridge, called the "Mobius" bridge, that is part of the Dragon King Harbor River Vision in the town of Meixi Lake in a place called Changsha, China.

What with China being a thriving progressive democracy, I assume, unlike in totalitarian Fort Worth, the Chinese public voted to support the funding mechanism needed to build this amazing looking public works project.

I wonder if the Dragon King Harbor River Vision has Rockin' the River Happy Hour Inner Tube Floats at a place called Dragon King Harbor Pavilion?

I also wonder if the Dragon King Harbor River Vision's executive director is the unqualified son of a local politician?

I suspect not, what with China being, like I already said, a thriving, progressive democracy....

No comments: