Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Taking A Tandy Hills Steambath With Gourmet Cooking Using Butter, Bacon & Parmesan

I was back on the Tandy Hills today.

In the noon time frame, at my abode's location, a good strong wind was blowing, with clouds blocking a lot of the solar radiation, which had the outer world not even heated into the 90s.

I drove to the top of Mount Tandy, exiting my vehicle to feel a semi-strong wind blowing, but also feeling solar radiation  directly hitting me, with very little cloud intervention.

In the picture you are looking north at some of the aforementioned clouds, hovering above a Tandy Trail.

A lot of people enjoy a sauna or a steambath, or both. I don't understand why more people don't experience the natural sauna steambath that you get on the Tandy Hills, and other outdoor locations in HOT North Texas.

Getting HOT and steamy whilst getting some endorphin inducing aerobic stimulation usually has me feeling really good.

Which is what happened today. A wonderfully salubrious sauna steambath.

The last couple mornings I have gone into awake mode very early, as in around 4 in the morning. This had me going to bed really early last night. And getting up really early again this morning. I think this is what is known as a vicious cycle.

Changing the subject from vicious cycles to something else.

Long ago I knew this person who fancied himself both an artist and a gourmet chef. The reality was, he was neither.

I remember this gourmet chef being so proud of a concoction he made with spaghetti noodles, butter, bacon and Parmesan.

Over the years this has been a low level running joke amongst some of my acquaintances, as in what doesn't taste good with butter, bacon and Parmesan in the mix?

So, today I decided to make a healthier version of the gourmet chef's pièce de résistance.

I cooked up 2 packages of whole wheat spaghetti noodles, sauteed an onion and whole bulb of garlic in a stick of butter, with diced green and red peppers, baked and crumbled a package of low sodium turkey bacon. Mixed it all together, with a lot of Parmesan and what a shock.

It was good. Really good.

The whole stick of butter was likely the least healthy ingredient. But butter tastes so good.

No comments: