Monday, July 1, 2024

First Day Of July Hot Walk In Lucy Park Humid Jungle


With humidity making the temperature of a degree under 100 feel like several degrees above 100, on this first day of July I made my way to Lucy Park jungle for the first time in about a week.

I was beginning to feel the detrimental effects of the lack of endorphins due to cutting back my outdoor activities due to my semi aversion to extreme heat.

As you can see, via the look at the Lucy Park suspension bridge over the Wichita River, the river is running inexplicably high. Why? I do not know.

Rain has not fallen in several days.

Unlike what I was used to in Washington, high temperatures in Texas do not melt any mountain snowpacks due to the fact there are no mountains in Texas with snowpacks.

I'd read a couple days ago that the Wichita River was running high, flooding parts of the Wee-Chi-Tah mountain bike trail which runs alongside the river. That information about the flooded trail, documented with a photo, made no mention of what was causing the river to be in flood mode.

I read today that the 4th of July is predicted to get heated to 105 degrees. I was thinking going to the 4th of July Parade, downtown, would be fun, since I have not done so since pre-COVID. The Wichita Falls 4th of July Parade is a fun one.

I have not yet decided if I enjoyed being out in the steamy sauna today. I do feel a bit more upbeat, due to, I assume, the endorphins acquired. 

Later in this first week of the 2024 version of July the temperature is predicted to be well under 100 degrees for several days. I look forward to being chilled....

No comments: