Friday, June 5, 2015

Something Illegal From Spencer Jack's Dad Showed Up In My Mailbox Today

I opened my mailbox a few minutes ago and found an envelope from Spencer Jack's dad, my Favorite Nephew Jason, also known as FNJ.

A few minutes later I opened the envelope and found that which you see here.

As you can read, FNJ had had himself some mighty fine Skagit strawberries and was wishing he could figure out a way to ship some to his FUD.

A couple days ago Spencer Jack and his dad successfully shipped FUD some FNJ2 (Favorite Nephew Joey) smoked salmon and dungeness crab.

I do not think strawberries would transit as well as smoked salmon. Especially when the temperature is nearing the 100 degree zone.

Back to today's incoming.

So, unable to mail his FUD some strawberries, FNJ decided to send me a different popular Northwest delicacy.

Special chocolates apparently available throughout Skagit County, year round.

Made in Seattle.

I looked at the little packet, read that it contained two 5mg squares, thought to myself this must be really good chocolate. Then I flipped the packet over to find out this is really special chocolate....

This product contains marijuana, SPOT uses cocoa butter fat, oils and/or alcohol to extract cannabinoids for use in our products. Always safe, natural and tested.

This product is infused with marijuana or active components of marijuana. Products containing marijuana can impair concentration and judgement. Do not operate a vehicle or machinery under the influence of this drug. There may be health risks associated with consumption of this product. It should not be used by women that are pregnant or breast feeding. For use only by adults twenty-one and older. Keep out of reach of children.

This product has intoxicating effects and may be habit forming. This product may be unlawful outside of Washington state.

Yikes! What was my nephew thinking? Sending something like this to my mailbox? Doesn't he know Texas is one of the most intolerant states in the union regarding marijuana? Texas does not even allow medicinal marijuana, which is a good indicator of how backwards and behind the times the Lone Star State is on this issue.

I have not ingested a cannabis type product this century. I believe the last time I did so was with Wanda at Seattle's Fremont Solstice Street Fair. A purveyor was purveying hash brownies. If I remember right they cost one buck. A Seattle cop was standing a few feet away, an indication that Washington has been tolerant on this issue for a long time.

I recollect that Wanda and I got a bit goofy and giggly after we ate the brownies. But not excessively goofy and giggly.

After I read the back side of the chocolate packet I looked again at the front side, which you see above and read the following that I'd not noticed upon first perusal...

CAUTION: When eaten or swallowed, the intoxicating effects of this drug may be delayed by two or more hours.

Two or more hours? That would almost be my bedtime. I will need to plan ahead before I try this latest Washington product to arrive at my location....

No comments: