Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Up Way Before The Sun On An Icy Cold Wednesday In North Texas

I am up a bit early on this frosty Wednesday morning in North Texas. Looking out my computer room window it looks very cold and dark out there, with the view somewhat restricted by a somewhat frosty window.

21 degrees this morning before the sun arrives.

I believe after today we are scheduled to warm up slightly. I am ready for more than a slight warm up.

I heard from someone last night, calling himself Don, who told me those sunglasses I found yesterday on the Tandy Hills are his. Don was able to correctly articulate the serial number on the sunglasses, thus establishing himself as their rightful owner. I will attempt to return the sunglasses to Don today. Apparently without them Don is virtually blind in the bright sun.

This morning in the Dallas Morning News there was an article, the theme of which was, what the 8 teams in the NFL playoffs have going for them that the Dallas Cowboys don't have going for them.

For Seattle, apparently, it is the noisy 12th man, as in very loud fans.

I thought what the article writer, Tim Cowlishaw had to say about the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium was amusing, but I doubt that ancient artifact who built that stadium, Jerry Jones, will find it amusing.....

"As for Cowboys Stadium, well, Jerry Jones figured out how to pack 100,000 people in there. But he also created a cavernous building in which half the fans stare at the big screen hoping to see themselves. A 2-6 home record in 2010 speaks loudly. Like Seattle.--Tim Cowlishaw"

5 comments:

Don Young said...

Yes indeed, those sunglasses were lost by my careless self during the ManlyWildHike. I don't usually sign in with a Google acct. but it is me, DY. Your reward is waiting in the form of a handmade, Prairie Fest coffee mug.

Durango said...

DY----I will try and deliver the glasses this afternoon.

Aubrey Mc. said...

Hey, Durango. If I have a handmade Prairie Fest coffee mug, will you trade those fine sunglasses with me? Even if I say that the mug wasn't just handmade, but homemade as well? What do you say, huh?

Durango said...

Well, Mr. Aubrey Mc., you make a mighty fine offer. And I've heard one refuses your offers at ones own peril. However, I sort of told Mr. DY I would return his glasses to him. I am a big advocate of doing what I say I'm gonna do.

Aubrey Mc. said...

OK, then. I'll get my team of legal beagles to file some legal papers down in Austin so I can take possession of your sunglasses "legally". It'll just be a formality since I ow, er..I know a lot of people down there. To be honest, since I had let the word slip accidentally, I do own a lot of people (and property) in Fort Worth. That's OK from where I come from $:D (rich man's smilely face)