Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Rolling Wheels Through Wilderness Searching For Arlington's Vietnam War Memorial

Today I decided to roll my mechanized wheels to a wilderness location to pedal my handlebars to the scenic scene you see here.

I don't have to go far in my rural location on the planet to be in wilderness that looks untouched by man.

About 8 miles takes me to a park in Arlington called Veterans Park, which would make that which you see here the Veterans Park Wilderness.

Bus loads of school kids celebrating the end of the school year were cluttering up the park today, along with way too many disc golfers.

It was way back in mid December of last year that I was last at Veterans Park. At that point in time I saw a sign that indicated to me that some sort of Vietnam War Memorial was going to be added to the existing Veterans Memorial. I figured with it being about six months later that the new memorial would be ready to be seen.


I figured wrong. Nothing new, the same sign I saw months ago.

Now I'm wondering if maybe the sign is the Vietnam War Memorial.

Unlike America's Biggest Boondoggle, that being Fort Worth's Trinity River Central City Panther Island Vision Boondoggle, Arlington is very modest with its signage.

In this instance, however, Arlington seems to maybe be emulating American's Biggest Boondoggle in putting up a sign indicating something is about to be built.

And then nothing happens....

No comments: