Sunday, December 7, 2014

Wondering What's Up With One Of My Chesapeake Energy Neighbors

Today, on this first Sunday of the last month of 2014, I decided to take a walk to visit my neighborhood Chesapeake installations.

On Wednesday I walked by one of my neighborhood Chesapeake Energy Barnett Shale natural gas extracting operations, that being the one across the street from Albertsons and the I-820 freeway.

At that point in time I noticed that much of the signage, such permit info, had gone missing.

I thought not much about the missing Chesapeake signage until the next day, when  I was reading this week's Fort Worth Weekly cover article, titled Shale Math: Half Full or Half Empty which mentioned among many other shale sham related mentions, the fact that former Fort Worth Golden Child, Chesapeake Energy has pretty much been run out of town, with the "divorce' being so nasty that the city of Fort Worth and other local entities, such as the D/FW airport, are suing Chesapeake Energy.

Fort Worth suing Chesapeake is such an irony. Back when the Chesapeake-Fort Worth marriage was still in its honeymoon phase Chesapeake could pretty much get away with anything it wanted to do to Fort Worth, partnered, as it was, with Fort Worth's then mayor, Mike Moncrief.

Has Chesapeake abandoned my neighborhood Albertsons installation? I found that which you see below near the base of the sign above.


I have no idea what the above means, of it in any way relates to the Boca Raton, 6699 Albertsons gas pad site.

After getting a closer look at the neighborhood's Albertsons gas pad site I decided I needed to check if my other neighborhood Chesapeake gas pad site was also missing its signage.


Nope, all the signage is still intact  on my other Chesapeake neighbor. This gas pad site is actually closer to  my abode than the Albertsons one. But, I usually do not walk by the Chesapeake gas pad site you see above, due to the fact it is a location that is missing something that is missing a lot in Fort Worth.

A sidewalk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are able to navigate a GIS map, the Texas Railroad Commission has a much friendlier version available for your perusal. http://wwwgisp.rrc.state.tx.us/GISViewer2/ It shows that the well (known as the Rutherford 1H) is in production for gas and, as of the last production record from July of this year, produced about 10,000 mcf of gas that month. Based on today's NYMEX Futures price for January delivery. That's about $37,310 for the month of July. I assume the lack of data from July to December is normal lag time from reporting to posting by the RRC. But I could be wrong.