Tuesday, November 13, 2012

33 Degrees With The People Of Fort Worth Supporting Nepotism, Cronyism & Despotism

33 degrees when the sun showed up this morning to begin its daily heating duty.

33 degrees, along with my computer based temperature monitoring device issuing a dire "FREEZE WARNING".

Reality seemed to not match the data from my computer based temperature monitoring device this morning, because there definitely was frost whitening   roofs in my vicinity.

I believe for frost to appear the temperature must be freezing.

I have now been iced out of swimming for two mornings in a row. The longer this icebox continues the longer it will take for my pool not to be cool when temperatures in the 70s return.

Changing the subject from one type cold to another.

I did not realize til this morning that Kay Granger had been re-elected as Fort Worth's representative in Congress.

The people of Fort Worth have spoken and have sided with the forces of nepotism, cronyism and despotism.

I don't recollect not voting for Kay Granger being one of the options on my ballot. Maybe she slipped past my attention when I was dazed by the dozens of Republican judges, without opposition, that I did not vote for.

I was not shocked to read somewhere, I think it was yesterday, that Tarrant County is now the most Republican county in Texas. Meanwhile,  I believe Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and Houston gave a majority of their votes to Obama.

If you look at a map of how the entire country voted, with counties marked BLUE for Democrat and RED for Republican, it appears that, for the most part, urban goes Democrat, while rural goes Republican.

I guess this makes Fort Worth the biggest city in America that has a lot in common with rural America. Which, I guess makes sense, since the town does not mind referring to itself as Cowtown.

1 comment:

Steve A said...

The frost really IS possible. A good explanation of why is at http://www.islandnet.com/~see/weather/whys/frost.htm

I was mystified myself about this until quite recently. Texas is a never-ending learning experience!