Sunday, April 10, 2011

Testing For Barnett Shale Natural Gas In Village Creek Natural Historic Gas Drilling Area In Arlington

I nixed going to the Tandy Hills today and instead opted for going to the Village Creek Natural Historic Area in Arlington.

I needed to replenish my coffee supply, so, since Village Creek is closer to my supplier, it made sense to go there.

I was surprised as soon as I pulled into the Village Creek Natural Historic Area parking lot to see some very unnatural cable strung on the ground.

I'd seen this type thing before, at River Legacy Park. Seismic testing for Barnett Shale Natural Gas Drilling.

I soon confirmed that that is what the cables were for when I came upon testing equipment deeper in the park.

There were a lot of walkers today. The first group I came to was quite excited to tell me they'd seen water moccasins swimming in the creek. I saw no snakes, but I did see what appeared to be a couple alligator gar.

I don't know what ever became of the River Legacy Park seismic testing. Is a drill pad slant drilling under that park? I've no idea. I suppose since it is natural gas that is being sought, testing for it in a Natural Area sort of makes sense.

Seems very odd to me, though, having all that cable of various colors and equipment laying about.

We've got about an hour and a half to go before the predicted arrival of today's severe Thunderstorm. Currently it appears a bit topsy turvy out there. I think topsy turvy is a very scientific meteorologic term.

1 comment:

Sarah R said...

Hey, I wanted to share the Fracking Song with you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=timfvNgr_Q4 in case you haven't seen it.