Monday, April 11, 2011

A Blue Monday In Texas Drying Out From An Early Morning Thunderstorm

Looking through the bars of my patio prison cell on this second Monday, 11th day of April you can see the clouds have been removed from the sky and it is yet one more blue morning in Texas.

Sunday's predicted Thunderstorm eventually arrived. In the wee hours of Monday. I heard a thunderclap or two. Rain has dampened the ground.

I don't know if the Tandy Hills will be hikeable today.

I read a touching poetic letter to the editor in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram this morning...

Our Texas?

Texas, our Texas, Where: Ignorance is respected, education neglected and the uninformed elected, leaving children unprotected.

-- Betty W. Fay, Fort Worth

I heard from the Queen of Wink last night. Currently Wink has been spared from the wildfires scorching West Texas.

I think I'll go swimming now and listen to the tweeting of the birds.

2 comments:

fortworthless said...

Fort Worth our Fort Worth where our morals are diluted, no evil is refuted, because leadership is muted, leaving the enviromenr polluted and leaving "the least of these" unprotected while the powers that be'$ own interests are tied to getting elected.

CatsPaw said...

::: wild applause :::