Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Up Early On The Last Wednesday Of July In The Vancouver Of The South

The last Wednesday of July has dawned with a nice shade of blue with puffy cotton balls. It is only 76 degrees this morning, so once again I can have my windows open.

Have I mentioned previously that this never happened during my previous Texas summers?

Strange news in the Seattle P-I this morning. Seattle and the state want to ban new houseboats and restrict the existing ones. Due to the houseboats having some sort of bad impact on salmon.

How can you ban houseboats in Seattle? That's like banning the Space Needle. Or coffee.

I wonder if Fort Worth is going to allow houseboats on its magnificent tiny Town Lake and canals if the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle ever comes to any sort of watery fruition.

I remember early on in the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle an article in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram saying that the Vision's Boondoggle would turn Fort Worth into the Vancouver of the South.

I don't remember if there are houseboats in Vancouver.

Turning Fort Worth into the Vancouver of the South would take a lot more than a little lake, it'd take a couple of really big lakes. And you'd need to add some tall mountains. And really amp up the educational level of the locals.

Somehow I don't see this happening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how it works in Seattle, but if Bubba gets to float his doublewide in Foat Wuth, the toilet will drain into the water, as will the empty beer cans and fast food wrappers.
I'm not sure where the truck gets parked.