Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hiking The Tandy Hills Sauna Steambath While A River Runs Green

95 with the Heat Index making it feel like 102, right now, around 3 in the afternoon.

It was a little cooler than that around noon when I checked in on the Tandy Hills. I parked on top of Mount Tandy. A pile of golf balls has been added to the Tandy Hills Rock Shrine.

They don't show up in the picture, but purple wildflowers, on long stems, are still blooming by this section of Tandy Hills Trail.

With very little wind blowing, to counter that Heat Index with some wind chilling, I really had myself a good sauna/steambath hike today.

After that was over, since I was in the neighborhood, dropping in on Town Talk and its walk-in cooler seemed like a really good idea.

And it was.

On the way back here, crossing the Trinity River on the Randol Mill Road bridge, I was surprised at how quickly the river has gone really low. And it's not looking like a muddy brown mess. Instead green seemed to be the color.

I don't think Fort Worth's goofy mayor Mike Moncrief has been dying the river again. Is it green due to the heat and too much algae?

I am running at a low ebb right now, mostly likely due to being up since 4, that and that hour in the Tandy Hills Sauna/Steambath is really way too relaxing.

I must leave my air-conditioned comfort now to make a delivery. I don't know when I'll be back.

No comments: