Monday, July 5, 2010

The Air Is Clear & The Tandy Hills Are Dry

You are looking at the day after the 4th of July noon view of the stunning skyline of beautiful downtown Fort Worth, looking west from the mud-free, dried out Tandy Hills.

I'd been informed by Don Young, prior to heading out to do some much needed hill hiking, that the hill's trails were not rendering mud.

The air seems to have been temporarily scrubbed clean, thanks to our recent weather turbulence.

It is 88 in my zone of North Texas right now, with the humidity making it feel like 92.

I heard, this morning, from Betty Jo Bouvier, the Wild Woman of Woolley, that she'd overheated while working in her garden, due to the temperature having reached a sweltering 67. I have my air conditioner set at 80. And that feels chilly. I don't think Betty Jo would enjoy a summer visit to Texas.

My favorite TV Star is currently back on the mainland. A strong case is being made for me to head north to have some fun with the aforementioned TV Star, the Wild Woman of Woolley, Miss Camano and others.

July 20 it will be 2 years since I last flew out of here to Seattle, for a month of madness which still reverberates with random madness, at times. It sounds fun to have a relatively relative free visit to the Northwest.

I went to my bank after I was done with my Tandy hiking, to find the bank closed. I guess I should have realized, with the 4th being on a Sunday, that that would turn the holiday into a 3 day weekend. Likely I'll be getting no mail today, either.

No comments: