Thursday, September 10, 2026

Unexpected Thursday HEAT Sends Me Back To Walmart Air-Conditioned Comfort


I thought, what with today's second Thursday of the 2026 version of September forecast to get heated to a relatively chilly 95 degrees, for the high, that my regular nature communing time in the morning should be well below 95 degrees.

Well, I was wrong.

When I left my abode, opening the door, I was hit with a blast of HOT. I woke up my phone to see the temperature was 92 degrees. As measured by the Fahrenheit method.

92 degrees. With absolutely no wind blowing to create any sort of windchill effect.

So, it was back to the air-conditioned comfort of Walmart I drove for my nature communing and endorphin acquisition. 

You can see, via the above photo documentation, there was not much wildlife to observe, this morning, in Walmart.

Thunderstorms are still on the weather menu for later today. Along with some possible flash flooding. It does look as if the clouds are rapidly getting more dense.

The next couple days are predicted to be back over 100. And then next week a couple days with the highs being in the 80s. That is almost an air-conditioned temperature. 

No comments: