Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Back To Mudless Lucy Park Colored Orange


It was back to Lucy Park today, on this final Tuesday of the 2022 version of November.

As you can see, there is nary a cloud in the bright blue sky.

As you can also see, the trees are finally doing their fall orange color duty, for the most part.

I tentatively walked the Lucy Park backwoods zone today. I say tentatively because I needed to be on the lookout for mud caused by the day long deluge a few days ago.

I have had two serious mud incidents in the Lucy Park backwoods zone. Once on my bike where the mud stuck so thick to the tires that they had trouble rolling. And one time walking where I suddenly found myself a couple inches taller due to the glue-like mud which had stuck to my soles.

But, I had no mud issues today. The outer world being heated into the 70s may have dried up the mud.

It was pleasant to be back in shorts and t-shirt today. Felt like a stereotypical summer day I decades ago regularly experienced in my old Pacific Northwest home zone. Tomorrow is scheduled to be another warm day, and then we chill again to freezing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Fort Worth News Guild is on strike against the The Fort Worth Star-Telegram charging Unfair Labor Practices.

The Guild's Twitter page has a good number of threads detailing the situation for anyone interested.

The Guild is picketing in the West Seventh Street area (76107) since the Startlegram no longer has a downtown (76102) office.

A UPS store on West Seventh is currently the Startlegram's mailing address. Impressive.


https://twitter.com/FortWorthGuild