Thursday, April 8, 2021

Tulip Bloom Boom In Washington's Skagit Valley

 


Apparently NBC Nightly News had a news story last night about the tulips blooming in my old home zone of the Skagit Valley. I learned this this morning, via Facebook, as you can see, screen capped, above.

The Skagit Tulips seems to be in the news a lot of late. Awhile back I saw a news story about the 20 things you need to add to your bucket list. The Skagit Tulips were #20 on the list.

I had been to several of the other things on this bucket list. Places like Grand Canyon, Yellowstone and Las Vegas.

Maybe due to having had the Skagit Tulips part of my reality for just about as long as I can remember, I can't quite see them in the same league as the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone or Las Vegas. 

Then again, I suppose someone who grew up in Flagstaff or Sedona might not think the Grand Canyon was all that grand, but if they saw the Skagit Tulips they might think, now this is something I would never see in Arizona.

This may be the type thing where the cliché "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder" comes from.

Well, I'm out of here now, taking a senior citizen to a doctor appointment.

No, the senior citizen is not myself...

No comments: