Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Hot Hiking Windy Wichita Bluff Nature Area

With the temperature nearing 80 and with an extremely strong wind blowing I felt the need for walking speed today.

And so I took myself to the Wichita Bluff Nature Area to enjoy trying to stay vertical whilst the wind tried to knock me over.

As you can see, it was so windy I had trouble holding the phone steady to take a picture.

I thought in this selfie that I was aiming at the stunning skyline of beautiful downtown Wichita Falls. 

Clearly my aim was off.

But, in non-selfie mode I was able to take a photo of the stunning skyline of beautiful downtown Wichita Falls, from the vantage point of the highest of the bluffs.


That is the Wichita River you see in the center of the photo, looking brown. And that which you see sticking up on the horizon, that's that aforementioned stunning skyline.

No, that skyscraper near the center of the horizon is not Wichita Falls' famous World's Littlest Skyscraper.

The World's Littlest Skyscraper is too little to show up on the horizon...

No comments: