Sunday, October 20, 2019

Unidentified Rusted Objects Draw Crowds To Wichita Bluff Nature Area

This next to last Sunday of the 2019 version of October is about as perfect as it ever gets, weather-wise, in my North Texas location.

And so I decided it was a good day to so some high speed bluff hiking on the Circle Trail in the Wichita Bluff Nature Area zone.

That section of the Circle Trail came to mind yesterday with reports on Facebook of mysterious unidentified rusted objects.

When I saw photo documentation of those mysterious unidentified rusted  objects I recollected having seen them previously and wondering what they were. Space debris from a failed satellite? Antique cement mixers?

I was not the only person checking out unidentified rusted objects today on the Circle Trail.


I saw more people today on the Wichita Bluff section of the Circle Trail than any previous visit. It was not the type throng one would see on the trail circling Seattle's Green Lake, but this seemed like a throng of people today, by Wichita Falls standards. In the above photo you can clearly see three unidentified rusted object seekers, but there were actually five more unidentified rusted object seekers that my non-camera eye saw when I took this photo.


Before arriving at the unidentified rusted objects, one passes by the jungle of tall foliage you see above. Those sticks of green are about twice as tall as me.

And then we come to the URO's, sitting at the edges of a dried up pond.


As you can see, I was not the only URO seeker taking photos today of these mysterious rusty remains.

I think the next time I go to the Wichita Bluff Nature Area I will bring my bike. Several bikers whizzed by today. It looked fun whizzing down a hill. One does not find a lot of downhill whizzing action at my current basically flat location on the planet...

No comments: