Friday, June 7, 2019

Washington Clamming With Spencer Jack & Hank Frank's Grandpa

Yesterday my #1 Arizona sister told me our #1 brother, he being Spencer Jack and Hank Frank's grandpa Jake, had flown to his former home zone the previous day.

So, last night I text messaged SJ and HF's grandpa "I hope you are having yourself a mighty fine time up in the Paradise of the North".

The reply was the photo you see here.

Yesterday my #1 Arizona sister told me our #1 brother was having a great time clamming and oystering.

What you see Jake doing in the photo is butchering a clam. I'm not sure what the correct verb is for this. Butchering sounds a bit harsh.

I have never been good at clam digging. All my other relatives are good at it. Crabbing, that I am good at, maybe because crabbing is funner than digging to get a clam.

I do not remember going clam digging this century. I don't remember the last time I was on a clam digging expedition. I do remember my last crab experience. It was in August of 2017 at Birch Bay, in Washington, a short distance south of the border. Nephew Theo and I chased a crab until uncle Jake, to Theo's amazement, scooped the crab out of the water for Theo to pet.

I am almost 100% certain the location where Jake is knifing a clam is a tidal flat on Hood Canal. Or he may already be up in the Skagit Valley zone, which would make this tidal flat being located on Samish Island.

I am heading to Arizona, again, next month. I do not know, yet, if Spencer Jack and Hank Frank's grandpa Jake will be back in Arizona at that point in time, or still enjoying the pleasantly temperatured Pacific Northwest...

No comments: