Saturday, June 16, 2018

Wichita Bluff Nature Area Saturday Sunflower Shade

If you guessed that what you are looking at here is a giant sunflower blooming alongside the Circle Trail in the Wichita Bluff Nature Area you would be guessing correctly.

This third Saturday of June I decided to give my bike a break and check if I am still able to walk a long distance, with some of that distance walking up and down inclines.

I had previously thought that next month when I am in Arizona I might do some hiking. And then Sister Jackie reminded me that I would be in the Valley of the Sun in July and that hiking is not doable by anyone with any degree of good judgment and relative sanity.

Today there were only four other vehicles in the Wichita Bluff Nature Area's parking lot. I don't understand why more locals do not find themselves enjoying this venue. It's scenic, with the bluffs overlooking the Wichita River. There are plenty of benches on which to take a rest. And shaded covered areas, with a couple of those including picnic tables.

Three Saturdays from today I will be finding myself moving fast high above the planet, heading west to Phoenix. It seems like I was just there...

No comments: