Sunday, June 24, 2018

Preferring Wichita Falls Fine Rusty MSU Art To Running With Elsie Hotpepper & Beto O'Rourke

This first summer Sunday of 2018 my bike decided to take me on a windy ride north on the Circle Trail, eventually to Hamilton Park, then west through the Wichita Falls version of Beverly Hills, then south to the sprawling campus of MSU (Midwestern State University).

Rolling around the MSU campus on previous occasions I have come upon an art installation. Or two. Or three.

Today I came upon a virtual forest of art installations, installed near something called the Fain Fine Arts Center.

As you can see above, I parked my bike by a giant rusted hammer and then proceeded to walk amongst the rest of the fine rusty art.


I am guessing the above is symbolizing the fact that it is hard to get toothpaste back in the tube once a hard squeeze has released it.


Is the above a rusty Tiki god's lips? Maybe, maybe not.


For some reason there is a lot of Japanese type imagery in Wichita Falls, from pagodas in Lucy Park, to installations covering traffic light controllers in multiple intersection locations. Is this tall piece of rusty fine art a Japanese image? Or Chinese? Or what?


I got myself down to ground level to take the above photo. This looked to be some sort of rusty ball and chain installation in the foreground. Next to a stack of rusty shapes. And a couple non-rusty ceramic looking vases.


This one I may have liked best. Sort of looking like it was a box of glass balancing on a narrow point above a rusty arch.

Earlier this Sunday I have a conversation with Elsie Hotpepper about going running with Elsie and Beto O'Rourke.

I think I enjoyed the walk amongst rusty art more than the early Sunday morning run with Beto O'Rourke...

No comments: