Friday, March 30, 2018

Good Friday Lake Wichita Flying Fish Following Fishers Of Men To Easter

This morning I took my motorized means of conveyance to the doctor for an oil change.

While that was happening I found myself a new portable computing device.

As soon as the fog lifted this morning I felt a surge of energy which had been absent for a couple foggy days.

Rain the past few days has left some puddling in its wake.

Even with some remaining puddling, around noon I decided my bike needed some wheel time, so I rolled it to Lake Wichita where eventually my bike and I stopped at the Lake Wichita Flying Fish.

A plaque of the inspirational sort, at least I am assuming that is the intention, has been added to the Flying Fish since I last stopped at that location...

"THE FLYING FISH"
SCULPTOR
PATRICK GIRAULT
AND JESUS SAID,
"FOLLOW ME AND I WILL MAKE YOU FISHERS OF MEN"
MATTHEW 4:19
DONATED BY
THE ROBERT SEABURY FAMILY

It is so amazing that it is known what Jesus said all those many years ago, what with there being no recording devices available at the time, except for memory and and words written long after Jesus said them, if he did say them.

I think today is the anniversary of that day, long ago, when Jesus died for a couple days, murdered by evil Romans, only to come back to life the following Sunday, which came to be called Easter.

I think I have that story right...

No comments: