Tuesday, March 20, 2018

First Day Of Spring Chilly Biking Over Wichita Falls Urban Lake Via Sikes Signature Bridge

The previous couple days cold temperatures and strong winds, sometimes both at the same time, have made rolling my bike wheels to be not a fun thing to want to be doing.

And so I haven't. Til today.

It seems warmer days keep being predicted, but when those predicted warm days arrive a chill from the north holds the heat back.

Currently the temperature at my location is predicted to reach into the realm of 90 degrees on Friday. I expect by the arrival of that day reality won't have me turning on the A/C for the first time this year.

Today, even though the temperature was only somewhere in the 50s, and a wind was blowing from the north, I managed to have myself a mighty fine bike ride, rolling my wheels north on the Circle Trail to Hamilton Park, then southwest to MSU, then to Sikes Lake, which is where you see my bike parked above.

Parked on one of the signature bridges which cross Sikes Lake, which is one of Wichita Falls urban lakes.

I learned via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, and the other propagandists for America's Biggest Boondoggle, that it's the thing to do to call a perfectly simple bridge a "signature" bridge. And any lake in your city limits an "urban" lake. So as not to confuse simpletons who might think a lake in your town was a "rural" lake.

In the picture above of my bike parked on that simple "signature" bridge, you can see my cell phone in its handy new holder. So convenient whilst one is rolling along and the phone makes its incoming call noise. I can easily see who I don't want to talk to. And the time. Convenient.

Today is the first day of Spring. This would seem to mean that reliable warm weather will soon arrive and this needing layers of outerwear to keep warm whilst outdoors will come to an end for a few months.

I hope...

No comments: