Sunday, December 31, 2017

White Wichita Falls New Year's Eve

What you see here is what I saw this morning when I opened the window blinds and looked north.

Overnight on this last day of 2017 the outer world at my location has been rendered white.

White and cold, extremely cold, as in 24 degrees cold, with a brisk wind causing that 24 degrees to feel colder, and with the temperature predicted to get colder as this last day of the year winds down, heading to a super chilly 12 degrees tonight.

The ground is white, the sky is gray, covered with what look like snow clouds.

I had planned on going mountain climbing today, hiking to the summit of Mount Wichita. That won't be happening. I can not yet tell if the roads are in a slippery state. Not much traffic, near as I can tell. I may venture out in it, later, maybe...

No comments: