Friday, December 8, 2017

Texas Three Dog Night With 19 Degree Blanket Emergency

The sun is doing its daily illumination duty, but is currently being a bit weak in its daily heating duty.

19 degrees at 8 in the morning of this second Friday of December in this chilly part of the planet which is ignoring the memo informing the weather the globe is supposed to be warming.

Last night was a three dog night, but I have not even a single dog. So, in the middle of the night, when I found myself being colder than I had anticipated being, I had to go on a blanket finding treasure hunt.

After a few minutes of searching I was able to find a couple quilts.

Today's wind chill is currently scheduled to not be as chilling as yesterday's gale force wind gusts which blew my patio furniture to smithereens. Well, that may be a bit hyperbolic, knocked over the patio furniture would be more accurate.

And there is a happy note in all this cold misery. The cold front has knocked the steam out of the weed, grass and tree pollen, thus rendering my allergy woes greatly abated.

I will not be riding my bike today. It is locked up until reasonable temperatures return...

No comments: