Sunday, November 19, 2017

Sunday Sunset Rolling Around Wichita Falls & Sikes Lake

This morning I rode my bike on a Sunday Morning Pre-Thanksgiving Ride Around Wichita Falls Light Fantasy followed at the other end of this Sunday by a sunset ride around Sikes Lake.

I am looking a little cold in this sunset selfie with the sun setting behind me. But, the outer world really was not all that cold.

Low 60s. With no wind, as you can see by the glassy still surface of Sikes Lake glowing behind me.

I had on sweatpants and a hooded sweatshirt, whilst I saw others circulating around Sikes Lake in shorts and t-shirts. I was over dressed, in other words.


Another view of the Sikes Lake sunset, without me blocking any of the view.

When the sun finishes setting lights come on all around Sikes Lake, allowing for post-darkness outdoor activity. I have not partaken of such, but last night driving by this location, well after the sun had set, I was surprised by the number of people I could see making their way around the lake, even with the gale force wind continuing to blow, which had been blowing all day long.

I knew of no lighted paved trail anywhere in the Texas town I previously lived in. This morning one my D/FW fonts of information, Trag Tickley, pointed me to an embarrassing article in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, an article with typical Star-Telegram mis-information, propaganda, and topped with a ridiculously stupid comment from Fort Worth Mayor, Betsy Price.

I must get around to blogging about that which Trag Tickley pointed me to. Later...

No comments: