Saturday, October 14, 2017

Wichita Falls Blue Sky Leads Me To Fort Worth Boondoggle's Signs To Nowhere

What you are looking at here is one of the bluest skies I've seen since I've been in Seattle.

Used to be, reliably, the bluest skies I ever see are in Seattle, and the hills the greenest green.

But this last visit, not so much, til my last day in Washington when the sky cleared of smoke and the deep blue sky returned along with the mountains. But, with the lowlands not all that green due to a lack of incoming water.

My local blue sky is scheduled to darken later today with a cold front arriving along with lightning strikes.

Prior to the incoming frigidity I decided to go on one more HOT bike ride, rolling my wheels around Sikes Lake to MSU and Hamilton Park.

MSU (Midwestern State University) accommodates me quite politely. With special signs marking spots reserved for parking my bike. I don't know why they use my middle name rather than my first name. I suppose fewer letters makes the signs cheaper to make.

Speaking of wasting money on signs. And who isn't?

Couple days ago Elsie Hotpepper told me she spotted a bizarre big directional sign on Interstate 30 south of the Fort Worth downtown, directing drivers to "PANTHER ISLAND PAVILION".

Where there is no island and the pavilion is a sad shack stuck on the banks of the Trinity River.

Why would America's Biggest Boondoggle waste even more money on even more senseless signage, one can not help but wonder?

Are those big billboards still up touting PANTHER ISLAND BRIDGES IN MOTION, near where American's Biggest Boondoggle installed that bizarre million dollar homage to an aluminum trash can at the center of that roundabout near where The Boondoggle has been struggling to build one of those bridges for years?

Progress in motion. Apparently The Boondogglers have no sense of embarrassing irony.


I took the above photo way back in February of 2015 and blogged about all the bizarre Boondoggle signage I came upon whilst walking in the area of the imaginary pavilion on the imaginary island and the imaginary world class urban music venue. I blogged about this at that point in time in a blogging titled Taking A Look At The Trinity River Vision Boondoggle's Products.

And now, apparently The Boondoggle has installed a sign on the I-30 freeway directing people to that non-existent pavilion on that non-existent island.

American's Biggest Boondoggle has been boondoggling along for most of this century.

Does anyone know, or care, how much money The Boondoggle has spent on all its propaganda? The signage, the websites, the quarterly mailing. Who has the contract to produce all this useless propaganda? I suspect the culprit is a crony of J.D. Granger or one of the other members of the nepotism riddled gang whose fingers are in this public trough.

Anyway, nice bike ride today. Thanks MSU for the reserved parking...

No comments: