Friday, October 13, 2017

Mr. Prickley Finds Grandpa Simpson On Facebook

This morning when I checked in on that bastion of highly evolved social interaction known as Facebook I was amused to see a comment from one of my pseudo Friends, who I refer to as Mr. Prickley, making reference to my irascible nature, telling me in my old age I have become a left wing Trump version of Grandpa Simpson.

What a horrible thing to say about the lovable father of Homer and Grandpa of Bart, Lisa and Maggie.

I really don't know what possible reason Mr. Prickley had to suggest such a thing.

I may have suggested that Mr. Prickley's Dudley Do Wrong persona wore on my nerves with the relentless detailed debating of subjects where it seems sort of obvious the debaters had not the slightest real clued understanding of the subject being debated. With opinions firmly anchored in stone, not to be sculpted free with any amount of informed reasoning.

But Grandpa Simpson? I can not remember the last time I have been so offput. Okay, that's not true, I do remember the last time I was so offput. It was last night.

Anyway, this morning was the first I've been called Grandpa since last summer.

I was having myself a mighty fine time in Tacoma's wave pool in, I think the name was Kindle Park. Maybe spelled different than the Amazon book reading device.

So, Theo was going all over the pool with me, hanging on as we dodged waves whilst waiting for the Big Kahuna to come crashing towards us.

About an hour in to the wave pooling a classmate of Theo's started tagging along. I forget her name, but it was obvious she had a first grade crush on my nephew Theo.

During one of the respites when the big waves ceased for a short duration Theo's girlfriend asked him if I was his Grandpa. Theo said no, he's my Uncle, not my Grandpa, Theo said with a you silly girl tone.

If I knew then months later the subject would come up I would have asked Theo's girlfriend if I reminded her of Grandpa Simpson...

No comments: