Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Finding Fish Brewing Olympia Tumwater Porter In Wichita Falls ALDI

I had barely passed through the ALDI entry chamber's second automatic door when  I saw that which you see here, an item which I was surprised to find so far from its creation zone.

Tumwater Porter.

Brewed & Bottled by Fish Brewing Company in Olympia, Washington.

Apparently the proud recipient of the 2015 World's Best Beer Award.

No mention made of who it was who decided this was the World's Best Beer. If this was a Texas thing I would assume it to be a simple act of inflated brag based on nothing substantial.

I have never heard of the Fish Brewing Company.

Tumwater, however, is quite familiar to me.

Tumwater is the location, in Olympia, of the former  Olympia Brewery, the brewer of the once extremely popular Olympia Beer.

I have never known why, or how, it was Olympia Beer went out of business. Like I said, it used to be very popular. I recollect at one point in time Clint Eastwood indicated it was his favorite beer.

I remember once on our way to the coast stopping in Tumwater to take the Olympia Brewery tour. My mom and dad are not consumers of adult beverages, not then, not now. The Olympia Brewery tour ended in a tasting room. My mom and dad were given mugs of beer. My siblings and I were given mugs of the soft drink of our choice.

Mom and dad were unable to take more than a sip or two of their Olympia libation, whilst  my siblings and I finished ours.  I think we got refills.

No comments: