Thursday, October 27, 2016

Spencer Jack Can Not Fly His Drone At Snoqualmie Falls

 Email this morning from Spencer Jack's dad.

Subject line: Favorite Nephew Spencer Jack at Snoqualmie Falls not flying his drone

Text in email----

FUD ---

FNSJ was not allowed to fly his drone this afternoon at Snoqualmie Falls.  It was a non issue as required drone flying conditions were not being met by Mother Nature.

Do you remember when you took me and FNJoey down to Snoqualmie Falls during the November 1990 flood season? You drove us the back route, just as FNSJ and I did today. I recall all the farm land to the west of the highway being saturated by flood water.  The falls then must have been at record levels to provoke such a trip, as once we returned home I saw the local news showing footage of the raging falls.

The small farming towns of Duvall and Carnation are no longer such.  A ton of urban housing has sprung up there.  Safeway, Subway restaurants, mini strip malls, etc. accompany this.   I have not driven that route in years, and was surprised how it has developed.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics.

FNSJ will send you footage of our drone flights, when we are allowed to do such.
________________________

It has been a long time since I drove through the towns of Duvall and Carnation in my old home state. I knew that Duvall had become a bit of a boomtown. When I last saw Duvall it was not much of a town.

I recollect taking Spencer Jack's dad and his Favorite Uncle Joey to Snoqualmie Falls when the Western Washington rivers were in flood mode. When that happens Snoqualmie Falls has so much water falling over it the ground shakes, felt quite a distance from the falls in the park where the Snoqualmie Falls overlook is located.

It is from that overlook Jason and Spencer Jack's photo above was taken.

Was there a problem with people flying drones at Snoqualmie Falls?

Apparently such was the case, hence the sign saying such was not allowed.

No comments: