Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Windy Walk Around Sikes Lake Thinking About Texas State Fair Fried Jello

I needed a break from mountain climbing and web page editing, so today when my noontime regularly scheduled time to be vertical came about I headed to Midwestern State University to have myself a walk around Sikes Lake.

Extremely windy today, which somewhat mitigated the temperature being in the upper 90s.

As you can see, via the view through the Arch de Sikes, today is less stormy than the last time I looked through this Arch in this blog venue.

Among the web page editing was finally getting around to this year's State Fair of Texas annual Big Tex Choice Awards.

This year's Big Tex Choice Awards shows up on one of my other blogs in State Fair Of Texas 2016 Big Tex Choice Awards With Fried Jello & Cookies.

The Big Tex Choice finalists had the usual mix of possibly tasty and a bit disturbing. Among the possibly tasty was Fernie's Down Home Chicken Pot Pie Pocket with Mac ‘n Cheese Dip, along with Southern Fried Chicken & Dumplins and  Injectable Great Balls of BBQ, oh, and Deep Fried Bacon Burger Dog Slider.

The two winners were the contenders I found a bit disturbing. The winner of the Big Tex Best Taste Award went to Fried Jello. A deep fried cherry jello concoction. The winner of the Big Tex Most Creative Award was State Fair Cookie Fries.

I am not much of a jello or cookie fan. Frying either of those items seems more than a little bizarre to me.

No comments: