Monday, September 5, 2016

Take Labor Day Hike With Me From Mount Wichita Summit

On this Labor Day of 2016 I was back on the summit of Mount Wichita for the second day in a row.

In the view you are looking at here you are looking slightly southeast. That long line at the far end of Lake Wichita is the long dam which holds back the water which makes the lake.

Someday, I hope soon, Lake Wichita will be drained and the Lake Wichita Revitalization will be under  way.

I have not been in Wichita Falls long enough to know whether or not Wichita Falls suffers from the same civic sickness as my previous Texas location, Fort Worth, where big plans, known as visions, are foisted on the public as a done deal.

And then nothing much happens year after year.

I suspect Wichita Falls and the surrounding area will be enjoying the revitalized Lake Wichita long before Fort Worth manages to complete even one of its three bridges being built over dry land to connect the Fort Worth mainland to an imaginary island.

Fort Worth's Trinity River Central City Uptown Panther Island District Vision recently added a "Houseboat District" to the little lake at the south end of The Boondoggle's imaginary island. Fort Worth's Boondoggle keeps adding "features" to a project which has been boondoggling along most of this century, with very little to show for the effort.

I wonder if the Wichita Falls Lake Wichita Revitalization people have thought of adding a Houseboat District to Lake Wichita. I suspect not. Wichita Falls seems to exhibit a lot of common sense.

Common sense is not a virtue my previous Texas location is known for.

Anyway, below is a YouTube video in which you descend with me to ground level from the windy summit of Mount Wichita....

No comments: