Saturday, August 6, 2016

Happy 65th Wedding Anniversary Mom & Dad

In five days it will be 15 years since I took the picture you see here of my mom and dad.

August 11, 2001.

Exactly one month before life in America changed drastically.

On July 27, 2001 I headed northwest, solo, driving myself back to Washington in order to be a surprise attendee at my mom and dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary.

Today, August 6, 2016 is my mom and dad's 65th Wedding Anniversary.

The 50th Anniversary Party took place at my oldest sister Clancy's and Fancy's abode in Kent. Kent is south of Seattle, about halfway to Tacoma.

About a month after 9/11/2001 mom and dad visited me in Texas for the first time. They were heading back to Arizona after a long roadtrip in their RV that took them to visit former Amish relatives in Ohio, among others.

If I remember right I have photos my dad took in Ohio. I shall look and see if I can find Ohio photos.

Mom and dad had trekked east for a reunion of my dad's siblings and some of their kids. Below is a picture of my mom at that sibling reunion.


Like I said, my dad was taking the pictures, so that is not my dad sitting next to mom. That would be my dad's little brother, my Uncle Mooch, sitting next to mom.

The last time I was in Washington was eight years ago, from July 15 til August 15. Mom and dad arrived in Tacoma, up from Arizona, a few days into that last visit to Washington.

Then, a few months later, during the first week of the new year of 2009, mom and dad drove to Texas once again to visit their Texan kid.


Mom and dad in their cowboy hats, at Lake Grapevine in January of 2009.

I do not know what is planned for mom and dad's 65th anniversary. I will be calling later today.

Happy Anniversary Ma and Pa!

1 comment:

Steve A said...

65th anniversaries are rare, despite people living longer. Regards to all of you!