Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Is Fort Worth Actually Repeating Last Year's Slide The City Debacle?

Elsie Hotpepper sent that which you see here to my phone this morning.

With no explanation regarding that which I was looking at.

Am I to intuit from this that America's Biggest Boondoggle, also known as the Trinity River Central City Uptown Panther Island Vision, is actually foisting that Slide the City thing on Fort Worth again?

After last year's debacle?

Water pump malfunctions. Heat exhaustion causing medical emergencies. I forget what else, except for remembering a lot of people were not happy.

I also remember other towns cancelling Slide the City for various reasons.

Seattle was one of the cancelling towns. I forget all the reasons. If I remember right one was liability concerns. Another was a lack of interest. Was another the fact that Slide the City had turned into a debacle in other towns?

I remember way back when I learned Seattle had signed on to being one of the towns hosting the Slide the City thing opining that I did not see how that could possibly work, what with the Seattle hills being so steep, what with there being a lot of outdoor water attractions in Seattle, that a giant slide would likely illicit a collective yawn.

While in Fort Worth I think, even with last year's Slide the City being a debacle, it still broke the record for number of people sliding.

Which seemed to me should have been some sort of sad indicator of the fact that there really are not a lot of things to do in Fort Worth of the fun in water in the outdoors sort.

Another example of that is the fact that there is no way you could get hundreds of Seattleites to float on inner tubes in a polluted river drinking beer and listening to music, while in Fort Worth America's Biggest Boondoggle, all summer long, hosts floating beer parties in the polluted Trinity River.

Now featuring alligators.

Fort Worth needs a real visionary with the vision to initiate digging Fort Worth a large pond of water filled with actual clean water which Fort Worthers could float and swim in. Wouldn't that be something?

And lose the Slide the City thing. It's embarrassing....

No comments: