Saturday, April 2, 2016

A Texan Tip Toeing Through The Skagit Valley Tuilps On Facebook

This morning on Facebook a Texas local brought me back to my old home zone with photos from the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival.

On Facebook the past week or two or three I have been seeing photos of the Skagit Valley tulips via Skagit Valley locals.

This is also the colorful time of year in North Texas, with the wildflowers starting to provide some color.

The Texas wildflowers are a natural thing, while the Skagit tulips are basically a farm product, with a lot of flower bulbs shipped all over the world.

I do not remember the last time I saw the Skagit Valley tulips. This century?

I don't know.

I do remember late in the last century my mom and dad talking me into going to Roozengarde for an Easter sunrise service. Roozengarde is the show garden for the Roozengarde flower bulb operation.

A couple of the above images look as if they be from the Roozengarde garden.

I do not think I will be doing any tiptoeing through tulips today. I may go on a walk with Arlington's Indian Ghosts.....

No comments: