Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Elsie Hotpepper Points Us Again To Texas Society Of Architects Bridge Boondoggle Info

Last week Elsie Hotpepper emailed me an email which only contained a link to a website, with no explanation as to why I should click on the link, which was perplexing, because I could see the link was to one of my blog posts.

Why is Elsie Hotpepper directing me to go to one of my own blog posts, wondered I?

So, I clicked on the link, was surprised it was to a post from less than a year ago, and further surprised by the info the post shared and the fact that I'd forgotten about it.

It was a blog comment made by Steve A, made to another blogging, which caused me to write the According To The Texas Society Of Architects The Boondoggle's Bridges Over Nothing Were Completed Five Years Ago blogging which Elsie Hotpepper directed me to.

I used Google's Blogger's new "Featured Post" feature to feature this post, which you see screen capped here and on the right column of this blog, if you are looking at the blog via a computer web browser, not a smart phone.

Following is the comment from Steve A which led me to the interesting article from the Texas Society of Architects about the Phantom Bridges of America's Biggest Boondoggle....

Steve A has left a new comment on your post "Up A Creek Again With The Trinity River Vision Boondoggle":

What's all the fuss? After taking up the "Durango Challenge" and Googling "Trinity River Boondoggle" myself, I discovered at the Texas Society of Architects website that the bridges would cost only $53Mil and would be complete in 2010. Accordingly, I want to see Durango pictures of the wonderful bridges designed by the same architect that designed the never-completed TCC River Campus. The article is WELL worth a read if you've never seen it before. Seriously, I guess that makes the project AT LEAST nearly a decade behind schedule and over budget by more than anybody has claimed so far since the bridges cost a lot more even though they "cheapened" them up. 
________________________

How did I manage to forget this bit of information about America's Biggest Boondoggle? Information documenting how far behind "schedule" this project with no project timeline is. How come the locals don't demand answers and explanations for the tardy progress of the Trinity River Central City Uptown Panther Island Vision?

It's not like America's Biggest Boondoggle has been slowed up due to problems with the world's biggest tunnel boring machine and mysterious sinkholes, such as what has slowed up a much bigger project in another town in America.

No comments: