Thursday, January 7, 2016

Running From Miss Puerto Rico's Balcony Thinking About A Pacific Northwest Memorial

The early morning, pre-jog selfie view from Miss Puerto Rico's balcony, with me looking south and the view looking north.

As you can see, this 7th morning of January is gray, misty and cloudy.

But, not too cold, at a relatively balmy 47, heading to a predicted high of 67, before new incoming cold arrives.

Last night some precipitation precipitated, along with some thunder booming.

I do not know how long the precipitation precipitated or the thunder boomed because when it was time to get horizontal I blocked incoming noise with an incoming noise blocking device.

Changing the subject to something completely different.

A memorial service is occurring today up north in my old home zone for the mom of my most long time friend on the planet.

The day before yesterday my most long time friend on the planet, Linda R., emailed me the tribute she'd written to read today. To say this tribute was moving would be an extreme understatement. How she is going to get through reading this without breaking down, I don't know. But, I do know, there will be a lot of people there today in support mode, including Betty Jo Bouvier, who will let me know how it all went.

Linda R. called a couple days ago. I'd not spoken to her since I was up north in August of 2001 for my mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversary party. It is such a nice feeling when you talk to someone you have not talked to in a long time and it's like you just talked to them yesterday.....

No comments: