- The Following Message is the Official 2016 Manly Man & Wild Women Announcement from the MM & WW Hike Organizers....
- You will lose at least 2 pounds. (They don't call it Tandy HILLS for nothing!)
- See sections of the park known only to a few hawks and a couple of scrawny coyotes.
- Celebrate the 56th anniversary of the coolest park in Fort Worth.
- It won't kill you but will make you stronger (for the upcoming Brush Bash*)
- Work up a good appetite for lunch
What: Manly Men & Wild Women Hike. All ages welcome. Leashed dogs welcome. (No wimps, please.)
When: January 1, 2017 10:00 am (allow 1-1.5 hours for hike)
Where: Tandy Hills Natural Area, 3400 View Street
Why: For the fun and glory of it.
Bring: Water, snack, camera, hiking boots, hat.
RSVP: > > > to Don Young ASAP.
Amazing how time flies by so fast. Seems like only yesterday I hiked the first Manly Men & Wild Women hike. And now tomorrow the 7th iteration of such takes place.
I blogged about that first Manly Man & Wild Women Hike way back when it took place on January 2, 2010 in a blogging titled Tandy Hills Hiking With Wild Women, Manly Men, The Queen Of Wink & Princess Annie.
Way back in 2010 the Queen of Wink still occupied her royal throne, with Queen in waiting, Princess Annie, still installed the Wink palace.
At some point in time, post 2010, a palace coup removed the Queen from her Wink throne. Princess Annie then abdicated and fled the palace, seeking temporary refuge with a former King of Wink.
Recent reports indicate the former Princess has returned to the former palace. No further details are known.....