Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Today Is My Favorite Nephew Joey's Happy Birthday

In August of 1998, the summer before I moved to Texas, my favorite nephews Jason and Joey took me to Las Vegas for a few days of fun, including getting trapped for hours at the top of the Stratosphere Tower, with no air conditioning, at 115 degrees.

Joey was 15 years old when we were stuck high above Las Vegas in a malfunctioning tower.

Joey turned 16 on November 10, 1998. I have already admitted, more  than once, that I am terrible at complex math problems, but, near as I can successfully calculate, I believe on this day in 2015 Joey is now 33 years old.

Last month I found my favorite nephew Joey standing on a McDonald's parking lot in Grapevine. Joey did not look a day over 29 at that point in time.

Hard to believe Joey is 33. Seems like only yesterday I got a call telling me my nephew #2 had arrived. Another boy. I lived in Bellingham, Washington at the time. I headed south to United General Hospital, located halfway between my old hometown of Burlington and Sedro-Woolley, to meet my new nephew for the first time. When I arrived Joey's mama, my favorite ex-sister-in-law, Cindy, was holding Joey.

I found the above collage of Joey photos this morning on Facebook, posted by some impostors claiming to be Joey's favorite Aunt and Uncle. I think this was some sort of typo with the typo-ist intending to type "favorite Aunt Dorothy and favorite Uncle Randy", which would make the favorite claim accurate.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to my Favorite Nephew Joey.

No comments: