Sunday, November 1, 2015

A Soaking River Legacy Rain Caused Me To Run A Couple Miles At High Speed

Due to the recent deluging I did not think the Indian Ghosts who haunt Arlington's Village Creek Natural Historical Area would be accessible today due to that area likely being closed due to a flooding Village Creek.

It'd been a couple months since I visited Arlington's River Legacy Park. I believe it was way back in July, when I rolled my bike's wheels from River Legacy to Viridian.

I did not know that rain was on the menu for today. When I reached the location you see in the two photos I was about two miles from where my mechanized motoring device was parked. By the time I got to the north side of the bridge rain began to fall in copious amounts.


In the above photo we are in the middle of the bridge you saw at the top, looking west at a muddy body of water known as the Trinity River.

My newly developed ability to run came in handy today as I ran back from whence I came. By the time I reached my vehicular destination I was pretty much soaking wet. I do not remember the last time I got myself soaking wet in a rainstorm.

The complete rebuild of the north side entry to River Legacy Park, a project which began back in July, is  nowhere near completed. This surprised me. I thought it was just a repaving project, but it appears to be much more than that. The River Legacy Park upgrade appears to be a much better organized effort than the mess I saw yesterday at Fort Worth's Gateway Park, where America's Biggest Boondoggle is currently working some of its slow motion construction magic.

Lunch bell just sounded. Must consume food now....

2 comments:

Steve A said...

You gonna' go tubing with the TRW Boondoggle in either photo?

Durango said...

I think not, Steve A. The Trinity River at the River Legacy Park location is miles away from where The Boondoggle does its inner tube floating.