Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Pre-Rainstorm Walk With The Village Creek Indian Ghosts

With rain seeming imminent, and with me in need of doing some easy going walking, that and needing some ALDI items, like bread, peanuts, coffee and milk, I ventured out into the incoming storm to have a visit with the Village Creek Natural Historical Area's Indian Ghosts.

I overdid it on my last jog/run. This was two days ago, running around Fosdick Lake. On that occasion when I found that running as fast as I can run was way easier than doing such a month ago, I over indulged.

With the result being a sore Achilles zone, if Achilles zone means ankle.

Hence yesterday's taking it easy, and today's  easy walk with the Indian Ghosts. Can you spot any Indian Ghosts behind me via the Giant Village Creek reflecting ball? I only see two.

I experienced no drippage whilst walking along Village Creek. However, it was obvious a storm is moving in. This morning, in the pool, I was dubious about the storm prediction, due to still seeing a lot of blue sky, albeit with a lot of cloud action zipping north at high speed.

Leaving ALDI rain began to drip. By the time I got to John T. White Road, to head west to my abode, I had to turn on the windshield wipers of my new motorized transport device for the first time.

Now that I am back under shelter I eagerly await the first downpour of this storm. Or boom of thunder. So far, only slow drippage is happening....

No comments: