Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Swimming In The Rain With Big Drops While Thunder Booms Before Going To Chinatown

Overnight, fall seems to have fallen upon us.

This morning when I exited my abode to go swimming I did not realize rain was falling in copious amounts.

The sun had yet to rise, hence the outer world was still dark, I had not looked out a window, nor had I heard rain hitting a window, which I suppose requires wind, of which there has been none blowing.

So, the rain being in downpour mode surprised me.

And then I got to the pool to see  it was within about two inches of overflowing, which would seem to indicate a lot of rain fell last night.

None of which I heard.

I did hear the thunder booming, loud, in the middle of the night.

My hearing is impaired at night, due to earplugs, which may explain why I did not know rain had fallen. But, even earplugs can not stop one from hearing the thunder booming.

The explanation for the photo above is as follows.

Post swim I decided to attach my camera to my Popabrella rain shield and step outside on to the patio to take a picture of the deluge. The flash flashed with light bouncing back from the falling raindrops. You can see the turquoise pool through the big raindrops.

I am not a big fan of swimming in the rain, singing, yes, swimming, no. But, today seemed to be an exception, even though the drops were falling in downpour mode, at times, I still manage to have myself a mighty fine time.

There will be no hiking, jogging or bike riding today. I'm going to Arlington, to Chinatown this morning. In long pants, due the new cool temperature.....

No comments: