Thursday, August 13, 2015

A Brown Walk Around Oakland Lake Park With The Fosdick Fountain Burbling

Til today it had been many weeks, maybe months, since I took myself to Oakland Lake Park to walk around Fosdick Lake.

The last time I was at the Fosdick Lake location the grass was green. That green grass has now turned a shade of brown that matches my new cargo shorts.

Fosdick Lake is a couple feet below its usual full pool level. I do not know if the lower lake level is what has caused the Fosdick Fountain to awaken, slightly, out of the comatose state it has been in for a long time.

Today the Fosdick Fountain, that white blurb you see above, out in the lake, was burbling, not in full spraying fountain mode, just burble mode.

Few ducks or turtles were to be seen today. Where have all the Fosdick turtles gone?


Above you can see how dry and brown the grass has become. You are looking south on the east side of Fosdick Lake in this view.

It was not very hot when I took my nature walk today. Only 89, with a chilling wind blowing, with that chilling wind seeming a harbinger for what is coming next month.

Fall.

No comments: