Sunday, June 7, 2015

Record Breaking Phoenix Rain Has Spencer Jack's Dad Worried About Flash Flood Danger

What you are looking at here is a phone snapshot of a blurb in my old home zone newspaper, the Skagit Valley Herald.

So odd that Skagit County, population of around 130,000, a fraction of Tarrant County's population, has a real newspaper, while...well, I digress.

Spencer Jack's dad, my Favorite Nephew Jason, aka FNJ, emailed me the blurb, along with a message verbalizing concern regarding the safety of his grandparental units, aka my mom and dad.....

Hot and toasty today in the PNW. Currently 80 degrees in my A/C free home. Has anyone checked your parental units today? Today's  Skagit Valley Herald reports they had record rain yesterday. Would hate for them to be in danger of a flash flood.

Previous to FNJ sending this I'd already heard the news that the Phoenix zone had been hit with record breaking rain on June 5, with one one-hundredth of an inch saturating the desert. Upon hearing this I was not too concerned mom and dad were in any flash flood danger.

And, anyone currently in Texas reading what my FNJ had to say, isn't his weather humble bragging cute? Hot and toasty at 80. With no A/C. Yesterday I was using my A/C to bring the interior temperature down to 80, with the outer world being heated well into the 90s.

I suspect the first 100 degree day of the year will soon be upon us....

No comments: