Monday, June 22, 2015

Kay Granger's Ironic Anonymous Avenger Hubris Detector

That which you see here was emailed to me yesterday by an entity I will refer to as the Anonymous Avenger.

What the Anonymous Avenger emailed me was a message from J.D. Granger's mama, Kay Granger. That is the face of Kay clipped off at the top of the message.

Did the Anonymous Avenger somehow get into Kay Granger's iPhone and acquire this? Or was it on Facebook, visible to everyone, with the Anonymous Avenger somehow screen capturing it on his or her iPhone, so as to email it to me?

The subject line of the email simply said "Ironic?"

I read the message and was not quite sure what was ironic.

The only thing I thought might be being referred to as ironic was Kay Granger's mention of her town's start as a fort being built at the confluence of the West and Clear Forks of the Trinity River, what with Kay Granger being part of the bizarre plot to destroy that historic confluence and turn it into what many refer to as Pond Granger, that being the little lake at the former confluence, brought about by what is known as America's Biggest Boondoggle, a boondoggle Kay Granger strongly supports because it will be giving her ne'er-do-well son, J.D., a job until it is time for him to retire.

Not being sure as to what was possibly ironic about Kay Granger's history lesson I replied to the Anonymous Avenger saying "I am feeling stupid this morning. I am not sure I get what is ironic."

To which the Anonymous Avenger replied "She is mentioning the very confluence she seeks to destroy."

So, I got that ironic part right.

And then the Anonymous Avenger added a further irony, which I had missed, saying "And she says General Worth did not live to see his project completed. She won't either if her son remains in charge".

Ouch. That is one pointed Anonymous Avenger.

I think Kay Granger is nearing 80 years old. She could easily last another 20 years. If she could stretch that 20 by another 10 I'm guessing she'd at least last long enough to see America's Biggest Boondoggle's three simple bridges, being constructed in slow motion, completed. And maybe she'd live long enough to see the ditch dug under the bridges, thus creating the imaginary island she worked so long and hard to bring about.

Let's see, in another 30 years J.D. Granger should be about his mother's current age. He would likely long been retired from America's Biggest Boondoggle.

And, with Fort Worth following the North Korea nepotism model, one of J.D. Granger's kids will likely then have followed dad's footsteps, being named Executive Director of America's Biggest Boondoggle by Jim Oliver's son who will have nepotistically replaced his dad as TRWD Dictator, I mean, Manager.

It's The Fort Worth Way.

No comments: