Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Last Blog Post Disrupting The Most Corrupt Institution In Fort Worth

Years ago when I first started doing this blogging thing I recollect coming upon The Whited Sepulchre blog. If I remember right I came upon The Whited Sepulchre blog after The Whited Sepulchre blogger, Allen Patterson, made the first of many comments on my blog.

Recently, I, along with a lot of other people, became aware of the fact that Allen Patterson is ailing.

Seriously ailing.

As he puts it, he went to the ER and ended up getting diagnosed with nasty brain tumors.

Today, on Facebook, I saw that Allen had posted a link to his blog, to a blogging titled The Last Blog Post - "Don't Be Safe".

I suspect this last blog post of Allen Patterson may go on to be what is known as viral. One of those commenting about the blog post echoed that sentiment...

Allen...that was as fine an internet post as I have ever read. I will make sure that my children read it and I intend to spread it far and wide. I do not know which one of us will leave this planet first but I do know that we will see each other again one fine day. Keep the faith and fight like hell. The Lord will use your experience for good....best I can tell, He has already started the process.

And the following bit of sage advice from The Whited Sepulchre The Last Blog Post - "Don't Be Safe". post I thought I would copy and share....

Get involved in politics and put Mary Kelleher to work disrupting the most corrupt institution in Fort Worth. Raise Hell.  Find some activists to associate with, and bang some pots and pans together in the street.  WIN the Fort Worth Gay Pride parade and then wake up the nest morning to staff your booth at a gun rights show.  I promise you that if you ever get brain tumors everyone of of those beautiful people you meet will come see you in the hospital. 

Helping Mary Kelleher disrupt the most corrupt institution in Fort Worth sounds like a mighty fine goal. I suspect Allen will get to witness that happen and join in the celebrating....

1 comment:

A Fort Worth Boy said...

Thanks, Durango, that was nice.