Saturday, March 14, 2015

Elsie Hotpepper Is Sad On American Pi Day While I Celebrate With Tuna

This second Saturday of March, one day before the Ides, it is a mostly blue view through my patio prison cell bars.

It is a half hour to go til noon and already the outer world is being heated to near the mid 60s.

Only six days to go til we reach the Vernal Equinox, March 20, the start of Spring.

I am ready to be HOT.

Today is Saturday for most of us, but for Elsie Hotpepper I learned, this morning, that today is Sadurday.

I learned this via an Elsie Hotpepper text message this morning which said "Now I am sad."

Near as I can tell this Hotpepper sadness has something to do with a communication problem.

I really do not see how anyone could possibly be sad today, what with it being American Pi Day.

The Wikipedia article about today's special day confused me. From the paragraph, below,  from that article, I glean that America is the only country in the world that has Pi Day today, due to our contrary dating method, with that being, I guess, one more instance of America going its own rogue way, like not using the metric method or measuring the temperature in Celsius, like most of the rest of the world does.

The date 3/14/15 at 9:26:53.58979... followed the sequence of pi to all digits, using the month/day date format system of dating. If April had 31 days, the holiday would be celebrated in almost all of the world on 31 of April, as USA is the only country that uses the month-day date system.

I first learned today was Pi Day via Facebook, via a Fort Worth skier currently skiing the mountains in the Breckinridge zone of Colorado, who posted that in a pre-Pi Day celebration, last night, he and his ski group had mixed berry pie. And that today, on the actual Pi Day holiday, Pecan Pie would be the Pi Day pie.

I will not be having myself any pie for Pi Day. I will have tuna instead....

No comments: