Saturday, February 14, 2015

Finding A New Giant Tandy Hills Hoodoo Before Finding Town Talk

I was back on the Tandy Hills today for the first time in what seems a long time. This may be the first time I have gone hill hiking this year.

I was not alone on the hills today. I saw four different groups of various sizes, some with dogs, communing with nature on this perfect weather day, which will be the last such day, for awhile, if the weather predictors are correct with their prediction of incoming cold and possible snow.

I saw multiple Hoodoos today, more Hoodoos than I've seen any time previous on the Tandy Hills.

The Hoodoo at Hoodoo Central at the north end of the View Street trail was a short stubby Hoodoo today. After taking a picture of the stubby Hoodoo I continued with my hiking, on the new trail that was built late last year.

Where the new trail junctions with the View Street trail I found the Hoodoo you see above. The picture does not do justice in picturing how big this Hoodoo is.

I do not know if Hoodoo Purists will consider this new Hoodoo an authentic Hoodoo, due to the fact that it is a sort of hybrid Hoodoo, not make solely of rocks. I guess this is what one might call a mixed media Hoodoo. In addition to rocks a brick or two is part of the structure. And an old rusted Texas license plate is integrated into the Hoodoo in the mid-section.

After having myself a mighty fine time acquiring some much needed endorphins I headed to Town Talk for the first time in a couple weeks.

Today the Town Talk treasure hunting yielded 5 pounds of Italian sausage, a bag of giant carrots, 3 cases of yogurt, tortillas, tomatoes, flame-broiled burgers and other stuff I am not remembering right now.

I hear a beeper beeping, indicating it is time to remove that which has been cooked in the oven, which means it is lunchtime....

No comments: