Monday, February 16, 2015

Celebrating President's Day With The Best Hamburger In Anacortes

I did not realize today was Presidents' Day til a couple minutes ago when I called a public employee to find myself listening to a message telling me that federal offices are closed today due to this aforementioned holiday.

My neurons are currently a bit worn out from altering the HTML on almost 400 webpages. I mention this so as to explain my befuddlement over something which probably would not befuddle me if my neurons were not exhausted.

What I am befuddled about is what the proper punctuation for today's holiday is. I am so worn out I'm not even sure "punctuation" is the correct word. So, is it Presidents Day? President's Day? Or Presidents' Day?

Most seem to be putting the apostrophe at the end of Presidents, indicating all Presidents are in possession of this day. But, does it not work without an apostrophe? Simply indicating this is Presidents Day, as in a day celebrating all those American presidents who have presiding over this once great land? Does it not also work to do the apostrophe "s" thing? As in President's Day, meaning this is each and every single President's Day?

Like I said, I'm being a bit befuddled.

Speaking of voting for something important, like voting for American Presidents, this morning I learned the town in my old home zone known as Anacortes had a city wide vote which determined that Spencer Jack's dad's restaurant, the Fidalgo Drive-In, makes the BEST HAMBURGER in Anacortes. I  blogged about this meaty distinction this morning on my Washington blog in Spencer Jack's Fidalgo Drive-In Hamburger Voted Best in Anacortes.

Back to the American Presidents and their special day.

The last time I think I blogged about this important American Presidents subject was on one of my other blogs, back last August, in a blogging titled The 22nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution Needs to be Repealed.

In that blogging I thought I made an extremely solid case as to why the 22nd Amendment should be repealed. And yet, here it is over six months later and that amendment is still part of the U.S. Constitution.

This really makes me think it is time to consider that maybe it is time for me to cease trying to change this world for the better and just give up.

In the meantime I am having myself a mighty fine time celebrating Presidents Day, with or without an apostrophe...

No comments: